Monday, January 1, 2024

2023 Wrapped // 2024 Thoughts

It's that time of year... the year-end wrap-up post!

I went back to look at whether I'd set goals for this year and how I did on them... turns out, this is the most I wrote about any kind of wrap-up/goal setting:

"I don't plan to do a "year in review" post. I ran a lot, I qualified for Boston. Yay 🥳" - weekly blog post on Jan. 3, 2023.

So let's see... 

Racing

Ran 16 races this year, more than I have in recent years. I didn't race a 10k or a half marathon, but did plenty of races on both extreme ends of the spectrum.



2023 Bibs & Medals

Highlights obviously include running the Boston Marathon in April, doing the Blue Ridge Relay in September, and completing 100k at the Sadlers Creek Stumble ultra in October. 

Boston finish line

Start line with the BRR Team

Sunset on Day 1 of Sadlers Creek Stumble

Totals

Overall:
433 Hours
2,215.8 miles
157 Personal Records
595 Activities

1698.8 miles running
226 miles biked
220 miles walked (including rucking)
22.5 hours of yoga
45 strength sessions


Streaks

I've maintained a few streaks this year... the one that I'm most proud of is the daily run streak. One mile every single day. I started at Thanksgiving of 2022, and have kept it up through today at least. I'm going to keep it up and see how long I can go!

I've continued the #10kTuesday streak, and only took the "steps only" option maybe once or twice. I know I did it the day after the Boston marathon, and there may have been another but I don't remember it. It's been over 5 years for that streak now!

I did pretty well with my 10k daily steps goal, although slipped up (just barely) a few times and then lost momentum in the days following the streak breaker. I've picked it back up though and enjoy hitting that daily goal. 

2024 Goals

I'm not sure about these yet... I have (as usual) way too many things I want to do, and not enough free hours in the day to train for them (not to mention free weekends on which to race). I've got the ruck events in Savannah in February... not sure if I'll continue those afterwards or call it one and done. I'd like to run a sub-1:40 half marathon, and thinking of a spring race for that goal. I want to do more ultra/trail distances, maybe towards the fall. I keep toying with the idea of getting back into triathlons, but man the addition of 2 more primary sports is just a lot to think about. So many possibilities though!

I do have goals to spend more time on trails (hiking or running) and sleeping outdoors (in a tent, preferably). Time in the woods and mountains is good for my mind and soul, and I want to spend time nurturing that. 💚🌲🌳🌄

No comments:

Post a Comment